|Coordinates:||44°10’33” N / 38°56’23” E
44°06’41” N / 38°51’09” E
43°58’20” N / 39°03’02” E
44°02’14” N / 39°08’20” E
|B. A. Nautical Chart No:||3312|
|Admiralty Sailing Directions:||NP24|
|Time zone:||UTC +3 hrs|
|Port Security Level:||1|
Port complex comprises of:
- the commercial port to the north
- the two oil terminals to the south
- grains and fertilizers terminals in the center
It consists of 3 basins, depth varying between 4.0 and 14.0 meters, 4 kilometers of quay and 30 berths. It has specialized terminals for Ro-Ro traffic, steels, coal, agricultural products (grains and raw sugar) and petroleum products.
Tuapse has two anchorage areas – 417 & 418 – abreast of each other and facing the port.
Anchorage area No. 417 is bounded by straight lines joining the following coordinates:
No. 1 – 44°04′24″ N / 39°02′36″ E
No. 2 – 44°05′18″ N / 39°02′36″ E
No. 3 – 44°05′06″ N / 39°03′42″ E
No. 4 – 44°03′18″ N / 39°03′24″ E
Anchorage area No. 418 is bounded by straight lines joining the following coordinates:
No. 1 – 44°02′48″ N / 39°04′18″ E
No. 2 – 44°04′18″ N / 39°05′00″ E
No. 3 – 44°02′24″ N / 39°07′24″ E
No. 4 – 44°01′30″ N / 39°06′15″ E
Companies and Terminals
Port is operated by 4 terminal operators (stevedores):
TMTP Tuapse Commercial Sea Port
Main cargoes handled via TMTP are coal and steel products (slabs, steel billets, coils etc).
Berths No 09, 10 and 11:
- for ships with LOA > 230 m – berthing is allowed during daylight time only
- make one berthing line and are arbitrary divided in piers (right side of the jetty)
Berths Νo 12 & 12a:
- for ships with LOA > 160 m – berthing is allowed during daylight time only
- make one berthing line and are arbitrary divided in piers (left side of the jetty)
- are subject to stricter weather limits – pilotage is allowed if wind speed is under 10 m/s due to narrow passage between berth No 11A and Southwestern breakwater
|Berth No:||Berth Length
|Max Vessel LOA
|Max draft alongside
Berth No 12a: additional restriction for vessels with LOA over 160 m
- Vessel needs to receive special permission from port authorities prior berthing
- In / outwards maneuvering during daylight only
- In / outwards maneuvering only during when wind speed is less than 5 m/s, in favorable weather & forecast
- Max draft allowed for vessel with LOA over 160 m is 8.00 m
The transshipment capacity of the terminal, located in the immediate vicinity of the Tuapse refinery, is about 17 million tons per year. Since 2013, a deep-water berth with a capacity of up to 7 million tons per year has been commissioned, capable of receiving vessels with a deadweight of up to 80 thousand tons. The terminal is used mainly for the export of petroleum products produced at the Tuapse, Achinsk and Samara refineries of Rosneft and transshipment of third-party resources. The terminal is also used for transshipment of petroleum products to the domestic market and the provision of ship bunkering services. Berths 1A and 1B are operated by OOO “RN-Marine Terminal Tuapse”, berths 1 through 6 are operated jointly with JSC “TMTP”.
|Berth No||Berth Length (m)||LOA (m)||Designed depth (m)||Depth alongside (m)||Max draft alongside (m)||Weather criteria|
|1A||310.53||250||15.94||15.4||15.0||Berthing ops allowed at daylight time only
Unberthing ops allowed w/i 24 hrs w.p.
|1B||250.40||185.93||12.64||12.1||11.8||Berthing ops allowed at daylight time only
Unberthing ops allowed w/i 24 hrs
|1||300||250||13.0||12.7||12.0||Berthing/unberthing ops for LR2 vessels allowed at daylight time only|
|2||170||220||11.5||11.3||11.0||Berthing/unberthing ops allowed w/i 24 hrs w.p.
Whilst a design tanker is alongside berth #1, handling of a tanker alongside berth #2 is suspended
|(LOA 190-220 m)|
|(LOA <190 m)|
|3||188||162||9.75||9.7||9.4||Berthing/unberthing ops allowed w/i 24 hrs w.p.|
|4||195||220||11.5||11.5||11.2||Berthing/unberthing ops allowed w/i 24 hrs w.p.|
|5||213||220||12.0||12.0||11.7||Berthing/unberthing ops allowed w/i 24 hrs w.p.|
|6||167||220||9.75||9.6||9.3||Presently under reconstruction|
ΤΖΤ Tuapse Grains Terminal
Berth is operated jointly with JSC “TMTP”.
- Terminal’s throughput is about 2.0 million metric tons of grains per year.
- The terminal has 7 silos of 106,700 mt total capacity, practical loading rate up to 15,000 mt per weather day.
- Maximum handled tonnage: Panamax bulkers, maximum cargo load 60,000 mt.
- Equipment of berth 9a: 2 conveyor belt loaders of 700 mt per hour each
|Berth No:||Berth Length
|Max draft alongside
ΤΒΤ Tuapse Bulk Terminal (Fertilizers)
Tuapse Bulk Terminal, a subsidiary of the international company EuroChem, is a modern specialized complex for the transshipment of mineral fertilizers. It was established in 2003 with the aim to receive, temporary accumulate and ship bulk fertilizers to sea vessels in bulk, with a project cargo turnover capacity of up to 2.3 million tons per year. Started to operate in 2011.
Equipment of berth 6a: 1 conveyor belt loader of 800 mt per hour
Equipment of berth 6b: 1 conveyor belt loader of 100 mt per hour
|Berth No:||Berth length (m)||Max LOA (m)||Max Beam (m)||Designed depth (m)||Max draft alongside (m)||Maximum freeboard (m)|
- The port can accommodate ships with max LOA 250.00 meters at max permissible draft of 14.00 meters.
- Salinity ranges from 1.011 – 1.014
- The port is considered as brackish water
- Pilotage & Towage is compulsory for all ships.
- Nighttime berthing/unberthing is permitted subject to terminal’s restrictions.
Tuapse port has no tidal variations.
- Tuapse port is not a shelter port and it is affected by SE-S-SW winds.
- Most dangerous is the seiche (rip currents) caused by swell penetrating the port from S and SW directions.
- In case of announcement of seiche gale warning, cargo operations are suspended and all ships are obliged to shift to sea until weather improvement.
- Tuapse is an ice free port.
Tuapse Port operates 24/7 with two shifts:
- 1st shift 08:00 – 20:00 lt
- 2nd shift 20:00 – 08:00 lt
|Jan 1 – 6 and Jan 8||New Year holidays|
|Jan 7||Orthodox Christmas|
|Feb 23||Defender of the Fatherland Day|
|Mar 8||International Women’s Day|
|May 1||Spring and Labour Day|
|May 9||Victory Day|
|Jun 12||Day of Russia|
|Nov 4||National Unity Day|
- Bunkering of MFO and MDO
- Fresh water supply is available alongside
- Crew change is possible but all crew members need to have valid Russian Visa (except countries with which Russia has a visa free agreement). In-signers must receive Russian single-entry visa in a country of their residence, off-signers have to receive a transit (exit) Russian visa.
- Crew shore leave is available from 0800 through 2400 hrs and shore passes must be obtained.
- Garbage is removed with trucks while the service cost is included in the ecological services charge.
- Slops disposal (at RN Terminal only)
- Minor repairs, provisions & stores supply
- Nearest airport: Adler-Sochi, 150 km distance from Tuapse – operating both domestic and international flights every day all day round.
- Nearest railway: Tuapse RW station, has direct Intercity train connection to Adler-Sochi airport and Russia mainland destinations.