|Coordinates:||59°42’43” N / 28°23’49” E|
|B. A. Nautical Chart No:||2698 & 2713|
|Admiralty Sailing Directions:||NP20|
|Time Zone:||UTC +3 hrs|
Ust-Luga port has now 37 berths with total length 7.088,35 meters. There are twelve terminals currently operating in Ust-Luga port:
- Coal Terminal
- Universal Handling Complex
- Sulphur Terminal
- Automobile and railway ferry complex
- Multipurpose transshipment complex
- Container Terminal
- Timber Terminal
- Ro-Ro & general cargo terminal
- Crude oil terminal
- Oil Products Transshipment Terminal
- Gas Condensate Fractionation
- Terminal for transshipment of LPG
The port is undergoing a major expansion program and new terminals are now under construction for handling steel products, fertilizers, LNG, general and bulk cargoes, grains and a bunkering complex.
11A – Inner anchorage coordinates (min depth 15.0 m):
- 59° 48′ 03″ N / 28° 24′ 02″ E
- 59° 48′ 03″ N / 28° 24′ 49″ E
- 59° 49′ 89″ N / 28° 25′ 14″ E
- 59° 49′ 80″ N/28° 24′ 01″ E
Inner anchorage 11A is for awaiting l/c or l/d
11 – Inner anchorage coordinates: (min depth 26.0 m)
- 59° 46′ 95″ N / 28° 24′ 30″ E
- 59° 46′ 95″ N / 28° 25′ 50″ E
- 59° 46′ 10″ N / 28° 25′ 50″ E
- 59° 46′ 40″ N / 28° 24′ 30″ E
- The deep water area of the port (17 m) together with the channel width (180 m) in port, can accept vessels with maximum LOA 320 m / beam 50 m / sailing draft 15 m.
- Baltic Sea is SECA (Sox Emission Control Areas) area and in accordance with Marpol 73/78 annex #6 regulations 14, 18, 18(3), in Baltic Sea vessels should use LSFO less than 0.1 % sulphur or LSDO less than 0.1 % sulphur, with notification in the log book.
- Authorities of all Russian Baltic ports, will start selective control FO/DO on board of the Russian and foreign vessels re-observe the rules 14/18 enclosure via Marpol 73/78 re percentage quantity of the sulphur.
- Control of the vessels in port will be arranged during Paris MOU inspection (documentary control all vessels, sampling – selective); sampling will be done by independent surveyor.
- Possible to use scrubbers inside / outside the port of Ust-Luga.
- Strictly prohibited to discharge dirty waters after scrubbers.
- No any h2s restrictions at Ust-Luga.
Pilot boarding area is at buoy #1 “Kolganpia” in position 59° 56’23″N / 028° 34’43″E
Technical Parameters For Berthing
|Name||Cargo||Berths||Technical parameters of berth (m)|
|Length||Width||Designed depth||Max draught|
|Novaya Gavan’ Terminal||Ro-Ro||1||150.53||33||7.75||7.30|
|Novaya Gavan’ Terminal||Ro-Ro||2||253||30||12|
|NOVATEK Terminal Ust-Luga||Naphtha, jet fuel, heating oil, gasoil||8||190||35||17.5||9.50|
|NOVATEK Terminal Ust-Luga||Naphtha, jet fuel, heating oil, gasoil||7||272||35||17.5||13.70|
|NOVATEK Terminal Ust-Luga||Naphtha, jet fuel, heating oil, gasoil||6||272||35||17.5||15.00|
|Neva Pipeline Company Terminal||Crude oil||5||314.5||45.5||17.4||15.00|
|Neva Pipeline Company Terminal||Crude oil||4||310.5||45.5||17.4||15.00|
|Ust-Luga Oil Terminal||Oil products||3||336.7||50||17.5||15.00|
|Ust-Luga Oil Terminal||Oil products||2||290||45.5||17.4||15.00|
|Ust-Luga Oil Terminal||Oil products||1||286.07||45.5||17.4||15.00|
|European Sulphur Terminal (ЕSТ)||Technical sulphur, mineral fertilizers||6||228.7||44||16||13.70|
|European Sulphur Terminal (EST)||Technical sulphur, mineral fertilizers||5||267.5||43||16||13.70|
|Multipurpose Reloading Complex (MRC)||Iron-ore pellets, pig iron and metal scrap, oversized and heavy cargo as well as construction materials and equipment||4||338.1||64||16||14.50|
|Multipurpose Reloading Complex (MRC)||Iron-ore pellets, pig iron and metal scrap, oversized and heavy cargo as well as construction materials and equipment||3||250.3||64||16||14.60|
|Сoal Terminal (RTU)||Coal||2||248.4||60||16||14.60|
|Сoal Terminal (RTU)||Coal||1||316.6||30||14||12.83|
|Multipurpose Transshipment Complex “Yug-2”||Ro-Ro, containers, general cargo||21 (5)||163.175||36||10.3||8.30 – 10.50|
|Multipurpose Transshipment Complex “Yug-2”||Ro-Ro, containers, general cargo||22 (4)||155||33||12||10.50|
|Multipurpose Transshipment Complex “Yug-2”||Ro-Ro, containers, general cargo||23 (3)||157.5||33||12||11.10|
|Multipurpose Transshipment Complex “Yug-2”||Ro-Ro, containers, general cargo||24 (2)||206.6||50||12.8||12.00|
|Ro-Ro, containers, general cargo||25 (1)||227.65||50||12.8||12.00|
|Automobile Railway Ferry Complex (TRWF)||Ro-Ro ships, railway, motor and motor-railway ferries||2||220||16||10||7.20|
|Automobile-Railway Ferry Complex (TRWF)||Ro-Ro ships, railway, motor and motor-railway ferries||1||212.5||16||10||7.20|
|Ust-Luga Container Terminal (ULCT)||Containers||52||220||50||13.5||12.10|
|Ust-Luga Container Terminal (ULCT)||Containers||53||220||50||13.5||12.10|
|LPG Terminal (LPG)||LPG||59||212.8||40.2||13.5||11.20|
|LPG Terminal (LPG)||LPG||60||240.3||40.2||13.5||11.20|
- The water level is subject to fluctuations in wind-induced surges character and has seasonal changes:
– from December to May is lowered
– from June increases and reaches a maximum in November
- Values in sea level: maximum 146 centimeters, minimum 109 centimeters
- Tidal variation is virtually zero.
- Currents are generated by the prevailing winds, with average speed of less than 0.2 unit.
Prevailing wind of southwest and west directions affect the port. Wave height can reach 2.5 meters during the storm winds of the northern, north-westerly direction.
Ust-Luga is an ice bound port. Restrictions on the ice class are set by the decision of the Harbor Master, depending on ice conditions. Increase or decrease of ice class restrictions are set by decision of the Harbor Master. Usually ice season commences on 1st of December every year and ends on 30th April, however actual ice situation varies. Greatest ice thickness reaches 60-80 centimeters during winter time. In the seaport during ice formation is carried assistance by icebreaking vessels.
Ust-Luga port operates 24/7 all year round.
|Jan 1 – 6 and Jan 8||New Year holidays|
|Jan 7||Orthodox Christmas|
|Feb 23||Defender of the Fatherland Day|
|Mar 8||International Women’s Day|
|May 1||Spring and Labor Day|
|May 9||Victory Day|
|Jun 12||Day of Russia|
|Nov 4||National Unity Day|
- Fuel bunkering
- Ship certificates registration and renewal
- Supply of spare parts
- Crew change is possible, but all crew members need to have valid Russian Visa (except countries with which Russia has a visa free agreement). On-signers have to receive Russian single-entry visa at the country of their residence, off-signers have to receive a transit (exit) Russian visa. Foreign off-signers must leave Russia via Pulkovo international airport only within 24 hours from the moment of disembarking a vessel, no hotel accommodation allowed.
Ballast Waters Requirements
(D-1)Ballast waters shall be changed in North Sea, Baltic Sea or received in the North-East Atlantic ocean. Or possible to use D-2 method if vessel equipped with a Ballast Water Treatment System. Ust-Luga Harbor Master can check the following docs:
- International Ballast Water Management Certificate A
- Approved Ballast Water Management Plan
The Harbor Master can also check all records into Ballast water record book.